Sunday, January 30, 2011

MPS Challenge/Hershey Candy Bar Wrapper

My Pink Stamper is having a challenge. The challenge was to create something yummy. Can't think of something more yummy than a Hershey candy bar! Here is my take on wrapping it to create a party favor or just a gift to let someone know you're thinking of them.

I've seen several tutorials around the internet using a paper crimper; for everything from candy bar wrappers to sour cream containers. It's amazing how much more "finished" certain projects look using this little tool. I got mine from Michael's. They sell there for $19.99 but with the use of a coupon, you can save 40%! Here is my take on the candy bar wrapper.

I used a regular Hershey's Milk Chocolate candy bar, but you could cover any candy bar! To measure, I just laid my candy bar down on my designer paper and measured around until I got the desired size, kind of like wrapping a present.

For this candy bar, my cardstock measured 7 3/4 x 6. All I did was put my adhesive along all four corner of my square. I folded the two long ends first, then sealed the bottoms. I then used my crimper on both ends to give it that finished look.



I cut both the scalloped and the regular circle at 2 1/2 inches with my Cricut using the Mini Monograms cartridge. The "thanks" sentiment was a stamp from the dollar bin at Michael's. I decided to emboss the sentiment instead of stamping it. The brown ribbon is from the Dollar Tree and believe it or not, I LOVE that ribbon! It ties beautifully and it's only $1.00 for 6 yards!
I hope you enjoyed this little project. Thanks for looking!










1 comment:

  1. Hello Christina~ I am a new follower of your blog & found you through Creations with Christina's blog. I love your layout & the hershey bar. You did a fabulous job.
    I am sure I will be stopping by again.
    Hope you can follow me too.
    Take care,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete